Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The first Wonder Woman movie...


Hi all,
Sorry for the delay in getting the latest posting up. I'm happy to say that I was a little busy last week with the birth of my first child and beautiful daughter. It was definitely an experience I'll never forget but I've never been happier or prouder.

Now back on track, I wanted to write a bit about the first Wonder Woman that was done in 1974, starring Cathy Lee Crosby. That's right, not Linda Carter. It's true that Linda's Wonder Woman is more iconic and we have a lot of fond memories about it but surprisingly her Wonder Woman was not the first.

Cathy Lee Crosby beat her by a few years with a very different looking Wonder Woman and different back ground. She had blonde hair and instead of the classic costume she wore red tunic and blue tights. In my opinion I thought this was a very cool and sexy look and it's a shame we don't see more of this costume today. She still had a connection to Steve Trevor like in the series but this version was more of a super agent than a super hero.

In the movie, she goes after a spy that stole some secret files played by Ricardo Montalban, who gave a very suave performance. The first part of the movie, she wasn't in costume due to it being more of spy-like story but in the second half she is in full costume. During this period, she is in a few fight scenes and escapes a few traps but unfortunately she never really seems to be in much peril as she handles each challenge easily.

In the end, this is a definite must see for all Wonder Woman and super heroine fans. It's a part of super heroine history that is easily overlooked. Again, I am a huge fan of that costume and I'll be looking to recreate for a new super heroine that I am thinking up of.

No comments:

Post a Comment